i’m not going to reveal my exact age but that statement alone should tell you that i’m older than i want to be. if i was 28 or 32, i’d shout it from the mountaintops. i still have some guilty pleasures that are probably inappropriate for my age. one of them is watching makeup tutorials on youtube – whether it’s pixiwoo, jung saem mool, lisa eldridge, gossmakeupartist. there’s something so soothing and satisfying about watching a bare face turn into a beautifully made up one. there’s this tag that’s been going around for quite some time on youtube and the blog community that i thought was fun … and it’s always interesting to learn revealing things about the person you follow/read.
What do you order at Starbucks? chai soy latte because i am room-clearingly lactose intolerant so no milk anything for me OR just straight up coffee. either way, i’m not in there for anything other than GET OUTTA THE WAY I NEED CAFFEINE NOW.
What’s one thing in your closet that you cannot live without? jeans. i have more than 25 pairs of them and i treasure each one because they somewhat fit my body. i’m very petite so when i find jeans that actually fit, they are invaluable.
What’s one thing that most people probably wouldn’t know about you? my friends know i’m a worry wart, stress case but not many know (or maybe they do and they don’t want to bring it up because they think i’m gross) is that i destroy my cuticles. i bite on them, rip them off with my mouth then spit them out with such force that they fling across the room.
Name one thing that you want to do before you die? in fantasy, morph into the hubble telescope. in reality, victoria falls.
What’s one food that you cannot live without? kimchi. you can take the girl outta korea …
What quote/phrase do you live your life by? DON’T MAKE ME F%*ING REPEAT MYSELF AGAIN.
What do you like and dislike about the blogging/YouTube community? i’m a voyeur by nature, so i love watching other people do, think, entertain, embarrass. on the other hand, it’s also really disturbing the kind of things you see online – foot sucking fetishes, kitten mutilations, bath salt aftereffects – that stuff i can do without. random sidenote story – when i was living with one of my roommates, our living room window faced the backporch of this duplex. one night, my roommate yells OMG COME HERE! so i run over and she points to the window – there was this guy that looked like he came straight out of the movie deliverance – mullet, big round glasses, long stache he was completely 100% stark butt naked, standing in the middle of his backporch door, one hand hanging onto the top panel of the door, the other hand whacking the hell out of his monkey. we totally screamed, of course turned off the lights, i ran to go get my binoculars, we were kneeling by our living room window staring at the guy go to town on his doinker. seriously, some people have issues, and how entertaining it is to witness so thank you demented people.
What’s your number one most listened to song on iTunes? ummmmmmmm i don’t listen to itunes. but until the day i die … even when i’m 78 … i will be bobbing my tightpermed whitehaired denturerattling head to breakbeats, drum & base, jungle, trance, trip hop. and also big deep hard bass that wakes my booty up and makes it want to shake.
What kind of style would you define yourself as having? slightly sexy and trendy but the #1 important thing as i get older is comfort. if it is in any way binding or impractical or irritating, i’m going to rip it off and throw it away.
Favorite number? 4. i know it’s bad luck or death or something like that in chinese but i’m not chinese.
Two hobbies? you should know already by this post – blogging and youtube makeup videos
Two pet peeves? ohhhhhhhh how can i only limit these to two? i simply cannot.
- bad drivers – i have gotten out of cars and thrown my shoe at people because they can’t drive worth 2 craps
- messiness – everything has a place, order, system and when something is askew, so is my mind. hmm, this sounds a bit ocd
- long slow moving lines – just the sight of a long line makes me mad, even if i’m not standing in it
- bad smells – i think this is genetic because when my dad even thinks he smells or sees something gross, he immediately starts gagging and tearing up, which i do, and now my children
- dumb people with attitude – it is not my fault your a$$ didn’t apply itself in high school and now you are flipping burgers so stop with the eye roll and sighing, k?
- tardiness – i am usually very punctual; it’s my kids that make me late and even then, it’s by like 15 minutes max. i’m talking about the kind of people that show up 2 hours late to every function just because. we ALL drive through traffic, we ALL have to pack our diaper bags, we ALL have to change dirty diapers last minute. it’s called planning.
- annoying people – i have an extremely low threshold for people that annoy. of course, i am never annoying at all.
- the list goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on
Guilty Pleasure? dang how many times i gotta repeat myself fool? blogging and makeup videos. whoever created this tag has ADHD with the attention span of a gnat. i must defer to the answer of question What quote/phrase do you live your life by?
btw i can NOT wait to see brave with my family this weekend – i’ve been waiting for this movie to come out foreeeeeeeeeeeeeeever. my favorite princess movie of all time is rapunzel in tangled; i’m pretty sure by the previews/premise that merida is going to come close. have a great weekend all!