since i can remember, thanksgiving has been a time of family gathering and lots of delicious fatty creamy food. my siblings and i talk about it weeks before in anticipation of my mom’s extremely unhealthy rich heavy cooking. she usually prepares healthy fare but during thanksgiving, it’s artery clogging, gut busting deliciousness. i am wiping the drool off my chin as i’m typing this.
you know, just some stuff i HAD to get off my chest:
- why does my husband sound like he’s being strangled to death when he brushes his teeth?
- when my kids see a spider, they yell, “MOMMY, SPIDER KILL IT!” … not “DADDY, SPIDER KILL!” deduce from that what you will. Continue reading
- sooooo, why exactly do we have daylight savings again?
- you know you’re getting old when you’re out with your friends and by 11 pm, all you can think about is getting out of your uncomfortable clothes and shoes, washing your face, taking out your contacts, pulling your hair in a scrunchie bun, and putting on your home uniform of ugly tshirt and uglier sweats. ahhhh that sounds like a little bit of heaven!
- *sigh* it’s tough always having to be so right. Continue reading
i really thought i could do it all: work 12+ hours a day, be an engaged present mom & wife, clean the house, do the laundry, be the family social secretary, and blog. do i blame it on lack of hours, exhaustion, work? no … it’s about priorities and having some safeguards in place to ensure i don’t go freaking crazy, or rather, crazier. Continue reading
we all have vices – some wide out in the open, others confined to the privacy of our own homes. i definitely have mine and although i’m not a psychiatrist, i think most exist as a means to escape, relieve stress, rebel a little. whatever yours are, here are some uncommon yet effective stress relievers:
- brush barbie’s knotted up hair, all harsh and hard, without hearing “oWwWWwwwWWWwwwwWWW”
- if that doesn’t work, just grab a pair of scissors and scalp her.
- there’s pretty much nothing as delicious as kissing your kids’ firm sweet cheeks. sometimes i just want to take a small bite of out ’em.
- it’s a little bit worrisome that i watch my kids’ TV programs while they’re not there.
- once you have kids, sick people are the leprosied devils. Continue reading
- your weekly house cleanings have now become … never.
- you’ve been holding your pee for the past 3 hours because you can’t spare the 2 minutes.
- you’re not sure if your nightmare was real or not.
- you seriously think about chewing coffee crystals straight out of the can instead of making it – BREWING TAKES TOO LONG.
- you ask a question and get the answer; 10 seconds later you ask the same question. it’s like the movie memento except you’re living your life in 10 second loops.
- what you just said doesn’t even make sense to you. Continue reading